AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Refacing kitchen cabinets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fefernuse
Posted 5/27/2013 09:37 (#3120461 - in reply to #3119425)
Subject: Re: Refacing kitchen cabinets

Litchfield MN.
It all started when I wanted new drawers--they were plastic and were cracked. I called the lumberyard that had originally put them in (in laws project years earlier) and found out they no longer made that style. My husband and I then went looking at new cabinets. I kept coming home saying how it was absurd to replace the whole system with new ones when what I had was perfectly good--real wood cupboards and an arrangement I was going to stick with. All I wanted was new drawers! My husband then went and talked to a church member who was in home construction and remodeling. He suggested resurfacing and that he would make my new drawers for me. He also told my husband that he (my husband) could do the work himself; the church member would be a reference. This got us both excited.

Today, I have beautiful oak cupboards (we had new doors made by a cabinet maker) in the original stain color I loved, in the arrangement my in- laws had designed that was very functional to begin with. We both look at them fondly every day and are so happy we went that route. My all-wood drawers are also very nice and look as good as the day we installed them.

My husband's only complaint through the project was all the staining. He hated the fussiness of that part, but did a wonderful job!

Mrs. Fefernuse

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)