AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

row crop cultivator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tr70
Posted 5/21/2013 22:43 (#3110692)
Subject: row crop cultivator

I'm looking at getting a row crop cultivator to help in cleaning up some volunteer corn -- its not bad but I feel it'd be worth going after. This is all Corn on Corn -- but conventional tillage. I see the IH 183s are cheap - will they do the job? Also tell me about the single shank setups -- are they worth the extra $ for what I'd be doing? Basically give me the whole run down cause cultivator selection was done by the previous generation in my operation -- I think they had a old noble with danish tines - 4 x38's -- so its been awhile. All the fields have a good pre out there so if I can do a good job I might actually get by with just the iron pass which would be a significant savings. Are the guide hitches worth it? I'm a pretty decent driver but it sounds like with the hitch its basically like spraying -- which would make it alot less stressful. My planters a 12-30 so I'm thinking a 6 or 12 row -- obviously for a rookie a 6 would be safer but seems like 12s arent alot more and would go alot faster. Any help would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)