AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Charles Ramsey, an American hero.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 5/7/2013 17:28 (#3085530 - in reply to #3085498)
Subject: RE: Charles Ramsey, an American hero.

Southeast Wyoming

Ron/PA - 5/7/2013 16:00 If it's up to me, it won't stop. I'll not cave in to the PC feel good folks who have no dog in the fight, but want to cheer for one side or the other. Don't look to me to stop it, I'm too busy enjoying life to be stifled by judgmental busybodies, and yes once again you accused me of racism, by saying I'm making fun of the black man. There's no way I'll carry this conversation any further, but I'll not pay any attention to a judgmental hypocrite that has no idea who I am. Edited to say: Hell yes I was making fun of a black guy. How very perceptive of you. Not because he's black but because he's funny. Are you sure you're not a closet racist?

I am not a closet racist.  I am a racist due to past experience.  BUT I RECOGNIZE THAT FACT and work hard to overcome it, not because over coming it is PC, but because it has to stop before we kill each other off.  If you think I don't have a dog in fight then you have no concept of what it is all about.

I think of the getto and I drive through the getto, or just "the hood" and I think how terrible it is that "these people (you know, these black people) choose to live this way".  Then I talk to a person and I realize he/she is the same as me, exactly the same as me, with prejustice from past experiences, past stories.

I worked with a number of Hispanic guys this past month, openly sharing with them that I wish I could speak their language so I could fully participate in the experiences, the laugher and the pain.  We helped each other, we laughed with each other and we made some new friends.  Again, we are all the same

"Judgemental hypocrite?"  Well, let's just say that I don't have to run with the crowd to feel good about life.  I do not have to post video trying to make a black guy appear to be spooked by a siren so that I can be "one of the guys" when they are putting down black men.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)