AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

communion bread for a snack
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

yeller
Posted 4/30/2013 09:54 (#3071652 - in reply to #3071340)
Subject: Re: communion bread for a snack

The word that meant "wine" in the Greek language could either mean alcoholic or nonalcoholic. A person has to look a the context to see what they were likely drinking. And it was unusual to serve "strong wine" with a meal. Usually the only time alcoholic wine was drunk was when people intended to become intoxicated. And it took huge quantities because 1st century wine was not as strong as our wine today. They couldn't store it very long without refrigeration, so it had to be used fairly quickly and did not have time to become strong.

After all the other warnings in the Bible about strong drink, and being sober, I have to doubt the Lord would serve intoxicating wine. And that goes for his first miracle too. I doubt Jesus would turn water into 30 gallons of intoxicating wine at a dinner party. That is out of context for a Lord that disapproves of drunkenness. Jesus would not put temptation in front of his followers

Wine does not need to be refrigerated to be kept, so the way to keep grape juice for prolonged periods after the grape harvest was to ferment it and so it becomes WINE, and also very strong wine. The reason why people often drank a mixture of wine and water was because often the taste of the water was terrible and also the water was often polluted . To kill germs and to add taste and make it a good thirst quencher it was mixed with STRONG WINE. Also it is not to be advised to start early in the morning with REAL wine and try to function for the remainder of the day. My LORD Jesus , his first recorded miracle was to mke WINE out of water and it was reported to be the best wine served on that wedding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)