AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2013 vw passant diesel any one have one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

steincowboy
Posted 4/28/2013 06:26 (#3067258 - in reply to #3066777)
Subject: Re: 2013 vw passant diesel any one have one?

God's Country (N.C. Ia)
Just traded a '11 Jetta six-speed for a new Passat. Both TDI's. Jetta routinely could do 50mpg's with hwy driving. Passat is still being broke in, but have seen 46 on our last trip to the inlaws (600 miles one way). Passat has the six-speed auto because the manual only comes in the most economical version, and the wife (who drives an hour each way to work 5 days a week) liked the seats better in the more optioned, higher priced version. Passat can handle 2 carseats. Jetta can barely handle one comfortably, and we've got child number two on the way. fwiw, starting to see a lot more vw in our area. Biggest factor is fuel economy I believe. One of the nice things I've noticed about the automatic tranny is that it shifts much like I would in a manual. It doesn't need to be wound out to the moon to shift up and I think this helps fuel economy, imo. Don't underestimate the power of the little 1.9turbo. Lots of torque. Never had to downshift to pass another car on the highway. (jetta or passat for that matter) Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)