AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8200 has an oil leak. How long do you think I can run it ? Might be the turbo??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 4/27/2013 18:49 (#3066467 - in reply to #3066391)
Subject: Re: JD 8200 has an oil leak. How long do you think I can run it ? Might be the turbo??

Did you check to see if the upper part of exhaust stack ( where exhaust meets the air ) was oily too ? are you sure its oil and not slobber , did you happen to feel or smell it,
One trick an older mechanic showed me, was take a popsickle stick and if you have enough of the slobber and or oil, smear it on the end of the stick and then take another popsickle stick and take some oil of the dipstick, and smear on the end also, the more the better, as long as you do both with about equal amounts.
now, take a match / lighter and burn the two and compare if they burn the same or not, if the one burns quicker, good chance its just slobber. Sometimes this works to see if you have coolant in the oil too, the flame will spit and sputter.
Take this with a grain of salt, its not a fool proof test, but it might get you out of the woods, and ease your nerves a little.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)