AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven PWM valve "hunting" Greenstar Rate controller - centrifugal pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dewgubbe
Posted 4/27/2013 23:22 (#3067104 - in reply to #3066234)
Subject: Re: Raven PWM valve "hunting" Greenstar Rate controller - centrifugal pump

Northeast Nebraska
With 20 GPA @ 5 MPH with a 24 row I'm looking at about 12 GPM. I didn't check exactly what the flowmeter was registering tonight, I was focused on the GPA, but should have been around 12 GPM.

I got it best I could tonight. With a valve cal of 0231 the pump never reached the desired rate consistently. With a valve cal of 0331, it was hunting to stay on rate. I really think if there was an inbetween, I could get it to hold the rate.

I set it at 0331, then I tried playing with the PWM frequency. Changing from 122 to 112 may have helped some, but I need more seat time to verify. With the valve cal at 0331, even though the display showed the rate fluctuating some, the flow indicators stayed steady and smooth. I adjusted "rate smoothing" from 3% to 8%, just to satisfy the operator. That helped some more.

Would the calibrating the low and high limit for the pwm valve effect how the valve responds?
Would changing to a smaller orifice and running the same rate (resulting in higher PSI) help the pump run smoother?

Thanks bowtie, hopefully we can figure this out. If it wasn't for the side dress application, we wouldn't be running such a large pump. The greenstar rate controller doesn't seem to operate the pump as smoothly as what it does on my 4930. Of course, it is kind of hard to tell, the sprayer pump whines like mad when it is running, especially when you are maxing it out. The pump on the tractor you can barely hear. In fact, you cant hear it running at all standing beside it when the planter and tractor are running.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)