AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenworth w900L / W900B
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ol'Scool
Posted 4/26/2013 22:40 (#3065212)
Subject: Kenworth w900L / W900B

have a '98 Kenworth that is clearly a W900L but the door tag says W900B

hood has definitely not been replaced
truck is original and is no different than a newer "L" model in terms of configuration
was this the norm on late 90's model w9's ?
did they still call the base model a W900B and badge them as W900B's but just designate them as "L"ong hoods when ordering? like peterbilt with the exhd

Have newer ones that say W900L and an old true W900B that says W900B

that's why im curious!!

anyone else have one like this? if so anyone know how long they were like this?
any information would be GREATLY appreciated as i am getting ready to sell this truck
had a guy come look at it today and looked at the door and noticed what I never had before (that is says W900B instead of W900L on the door tag)

after spotting this, he was then CONVINCED in his own head that it is a w900b that i put an "L" model hood on,
but that's NOT the case, nor is it possible without modification/reconfigure cab-engine move back chop job

he ended up making me mad because he started telling me I didn't know what i was talking about
(to be completely honest, the part that made me mad was I didn't know what i was talking about, hahaha)

**I do know the very very first "L" models back around '89/'90 were not actually called W900L's, but in fact W900B Extended Hoods and that you ordered them with the 130bbc extended hood instead of the standard 120"bbc W900B hood, but assumed that this was something they did away with as soon as they came out with the W900L designation.

am i wrong in that regard?? I'm thinking now i may be, but if i am, was it like this on all the W9 trucks of the same vintage?

once again, ANY information would be greatly appreciated!!
it seems like it has already cost me selling a good truck to a ready buyer because he was worried it was cobble-together jobby or a re-builder, i just want to know what Im talking about if the next ol' boy has the same question

THANKS!!

(W900extendedhood.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments W900extendedhood.jpg (48KB - 1276 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)