AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power to cyclo planter marker control box?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jalopy
Posted 4/26/2013 07:02 (#3063858 - in reply to #3062774)
Subject: RE: Power to cyclo planter marker control box?

NC IA
Not sure about a 36 but on my 5488 it had a factory 10 or 12 guage wire running from the fuse panel (under dash between your feet) under the floor up to the mounting location up by the right side wing window where you would put your marker control box. It wasn't hooked up, so you could choose where to hook it in the fuse panel. You could hook it to either side of the cab solenoid depending if you wanted it to be keyed or not.

By the way I did what you did to a customers planter last year, eliminated the "brain" valve under the hoppers. I replumbed hoses and basically teed into the lift circuit. Then ran separate hoses (one from each outlet) to run each side's respective marker. Customer was tickled pink by having the manual hydraulic controls and no wiring. I wasn't real proud of rigging it up that way but it was kinda an emergency and all the wiring was shot and was going to be very expensive to replace. This was on a boxcar Magnum with 3 remotes, PTO pump, and 12 row 900 trailing with end transport. I assume you have just two remotes on your 36?

Edited by jalopy 4/26/2013 07:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)