AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's is it purpose........PIC?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 4/25/2013 13:51 (#3062450)
Subject: What's is it purpose........PIC?

Central Kansas
This is on my 950 FF Planter...P/N251441A1 with the description of "Marker Timer" on the label. Had the mechanic come out this morning to diagnose the marker problem that I have, regardless of the position of the manual marker switch on the planter control box (the only way I have ever used it to get the appropriate marker down because previous owner had problems with the automatic assembly), both markers fall. We find that the appropriate marker solenoids have 12v of power, BUT the opposite marker solenoids shows 5 volts of power and he is thinking that this "marker timer"is back feeding enough to activate the solenoids of the marker that's suppose to stay up. Take the plug out of this timer, remove 2 of the 4 pins and markers work as the switch is positioned, but we loose the frame lift so this timer must power the frame lift solenoids for them to work some how.......

...........ANYWAY.........this timer appears to be a PIP part with a harness plugged into the planter control box harness as the mechanics service book does not show this timer anywhere on a 950 FF. He is going to order a new timer and we will try that but the ????? I have to former 950 FF planter owners, did Case come out with this as a PIP for your planter? What was the reason?

Previous owner told me that the automatic part was an absolute JOKE, so, he just used the manual switch, which I have been using with no problems for 3 seasons until this problem of both markers falling at the same time now.

Can anyone clue me in on this problem and why the timer? Might add my dealer has never worked on a 16 row FF planter so they are kind of in the dark.

Edited by trakman 4/25/2013 13:55

(Marker timer 001.jpg)

(Marker timer 003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Marker timer 001.jpg (37KB - 47 downloads)
Attachments Marker timer 003.jpg (45KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)