AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Presponse HM as dilutent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ol'Scool
Posted 4/26/2013 00:08 (#3063645 - in reply to #3063401)
Subject: Re: Presponse HM as dilutent

before you go getting your undies in a wad and assuming all of us didnt know that, i must say
this is exactly why i asked the pfizer rep if i could do it without having issues
wanted to know if i could use a competitors pasteurella/somnus vac as a carrier for Bovi shield Gold 5
the reason i was asking in the first place was i use alot of One Shot Ultra 8 that just uses UltraChoice 8 as the diluent for straight ol' "One Shot"
and a lot of BoviShield Gold FP5 VL5 that uses Vibrio/Leptoerm-5 as the diluent for the Bovishield Gold FP5
thats when he said "bad bad bad" idea even though he wasn't familiar with the pasteurella/somnus i wanted to use as the diluent
the one thing he did say that made sense was that most all true "bacterin toxoids" that require a diluent themselves (which most all pasteurella/somnus vacs are) have to be adjusted for pH, and so do buffered modified lives, and that by mixing multiple solutions that require different sensitive pH's that everything may be rendered useless!!
made enough sense to me to scare me from trying it just to try to save from sticking them one more time

he also said that he was SURE that if they (pfizer) could produce a pasteurella carrier that would be 100% compatible with bovishield gold 5 that they (pfizer) are no dummies and that they would definitely market is as a combo, and that that should tell me something, which it did! (but then again, pfizers/zoetis's pasteurella (OneShot) is a bacterin-toxoid that has to be rehydrated itself, and they dont at all offer a modified live bacteria pastuerella which is what made me question whether what all he was telling me had validity when discussing other brands (presponse hm/texas vet labs) as theyre not rehydrate bacterin toxoids.

after that i did notice if you ever see a modified live that uses something else as the carrier diluent, it is always something that never requires a diluent itself, and thus can prob be buffered and stored with little affect on its efficacy

also , if you didnt already know the difference, one thing you have to remember is Presponse HM is not a bacterin toxoid............ its actually a "Modified-Live ""Bacteria""

but, wts,

heres what Virginia has to say about that:
"There is currently one modified-live bacteria vaccine on the market, Presponse HM®. This vaccine has been altered so it will replicate in the body for only a short time (18 hours). Care must be taken to ensure that all syringes and needles are free of disinfectants and no antibiotics are being given at the same time as the vaccine. If either of these situations occurs the vaccine may be inactivated and protective immunity will not occur"
http://www.sites.ext.vt.edu/newsletter-archive/livestock/aps-99_08/...

that right there makes me think i wouldn't want to be mixing it with a pH sensitive separate modified live "vaccine" as it might screw with eithers efficacy

thats kinda why i said that, but without saying all that
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)