AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for hotrodpuller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hotrodpuller
Posted 4/24/2013 12:55 (#3059906 - in reply to #3058768)
Subject: Re: Question for hotrodpuller

Orin-

One of my truck pulling buddies started up a fab shop, so I had him build it. Our goal was to make it look good enough that it didnt look like a cobbled up mess. It DID get a little more $$ than I would have liked, but kept me from buying battery boxes, new cables, etc as my old man cobbled a frame on the side of the tractor years ago. When it was all said and done, I had as much in it as new boxes, cables, and batteries. I used a group 31 truck battery, which is about the same price as a good 3ET.

We did decide, that if we did it over again, we would have probably used 1/4" on the back and lid, and something lighter elsewhere. We also wish that we had made it 1" bigger in every dimension.

This conversion should have happened a LONG time ago. You will like it. It is 40ยบ here today and raining, and it started up with just a sniff of go-go juice. Before, it would have to be plugged in to start on a rainy cold day.

We did write down all the measurements on this to build another one someday, but I imagine the distance from Ohio to Oregon and the weight of this thing would be somewhat cost prohibitive. Let me know if I can help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)