AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 582 baler Good? Bad?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoelV
Posted 4/23/2013 20:44 (#3058277)
Subject: John Deere 582 baler Good? Bad?

South Western Ontario
Going to look at a 2006 JD 582 baler tomorrow. Owner says it has 6000 bales on it. Just want to know about parts availability, cost of upkeep, and overall reliability.
The owner says he had to buy a new monitor and replace all the sensors last year. He said it would start wrapping when the bale was 1/2 size. Don't know what it cost, but know it couldn't have been cheap. I don't mind rebuilding a pickup every 10000 bales but don't have the time or money to replace sensors and monitors. Is this a regular occurance? I think it's a BaleTrak Pro.

From what I understand this is a European baler. What is parts availability like. Next day, several day wait?

How well does it bale straw. Do you have to wait for darkness or a dew, or will it form/make a bale mid-afternoon?

Are there any major weaknesses to this baler? Any years to look out for? How long should it last with proper upkeep. I was originally looking at NH 648's , but would like to move up to something newer, more reliable, and with more features.

Thanks for any input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)