AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I got him, revisited. Ha
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Detroit
Posted 4/22/2013 21:59 (#3056070 - in reply to #3055684)
Subject: RE: I think I got him, revisited. Ha

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
Indianajones - 4/22/2013 19:30

I found 5 tires and rims in the side ditch of a field I farm. The road is a popular route to the area scrap dealer so they probably throwed them out on the way.
They looked to be pretty junk to me, but I stopped at the next door neighbor and I joked to him if he needed any tires? He took 3 of them off my hands.
INDY

All of our road ditches are covered up in tires. Last spring I pulled out 3 pickup truck loads just out of probably a miles worth of one side of the road. I had the truck loaded as high as I could throw them. Just noticed this afternoon that there's probably a truck load in the ditches again.

What I don't understand is why they throw one here then drive a hundred feet and throw off a few more. Just throw out the entire pile in one spot if they are going to do it. Would be easier to clean up the crap or burn them in one spot. Of course we will never ever catch them doing it.

I did find a pile of landscape rocks also. Don't understand that at all. Pay for rocks at the garden store then dump them on a turnrow years later. I've got plenty of ditch washouts that they could have thrown them into and I wouldn't have been happier but now I have to pick them up myself. We don't get a lot of "new" people moving out into the country around here so I don't have to deal with the people thinking fields are abandoned. But the post above is right in that most people have no idea where food and fiber comes from. Have plenty of people I know ask me in the dead of winter if I have everything planted! I always tell them if they wouldn't plant a garden or mow their yard then I can't either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)