AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IRS Tax tips---- if you owe money to IRS, and cannot pay timely.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jakescia
Posted 4/22/2013 11:23 (#3054650 - in reply to #3053339)
Subject: RE: Off topic hijack...........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

The one thing I try to remember before attempting to strangle one of the IRS ees thru the telephone is that .........they are just working stiffs, without skin in the game.

And that excuse of the "computer made me do it"..........is ok, since it is not possible for the taxpayer to prove otherwise.............

That is the reason I am so hyper on things like paper backups, certified mail, etc etc............'cause, at some time during the process, the burden will fall back on "us".

You will be ok, even though the beard will grow much longer, eventually, especially if you have bank statements showing the electronic transfers......or cancelled checks.

If you don't have those.........better get ready to trim the beard.

I had a statute of limitations issue a couple of years ago........IRS said they could not read the certified mail date stamp, but they agreed that they logged in the amended return on April 17..............

I had a difficult time in keeping my cool when I asked the agent to merely use his head, and tell me if it were logical that the US postal service could have delivered the mail from Iowa to California by April 17 if the return was not mailed or or before April 15.......which would have made the return "received" by IRS within the statute??       

His reply........but the stamp does not prove it.

It took two levels of supervisors for someone to finally use their head.

Our girls are now instructed to stand there at the PO window until the certified mail is date-stamped legibly.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)