AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have mixed emotions about posting this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 4/16/2013 21:23 (#3040822)
Subject: I have mixed emotions about posting this

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Last week a friend of the family stopped by to visit, during the course do conversation somehow we got on to the topic of talking about my deceased parents. He mentioned his mom who a very good friend and about the same age as my mother had a picture of my mom laying in her coffin. I was surprised and told him I would like to see it some time. This morning he stopped by with some family pictures along with the picture of my mom laying in her coffin.

In a little over a month from now it will have been 49 years since she died. She left behind 10 children ages from 3 years old to 18 with the oldest just graduating from high school about two weeks prior to her death. I had just turned nine one week earlier.

I do have memories of my mom but the most vivid are the 9 months see fought her cancer. I very distinctively remember mom laying in then coffin at the funeral home along with my dads mom who died the next day unexpected from a heart attack.

Truthfully I didn't know if I wanted to look the picture this morning or not but did. My first reaction when I saw it was wow,,,,,,,,,, she looks so young. She was 44 years old. I'm glad I got it but have had very mixed emotions all day. It's hard to describe what it is but do have to admit it has brought some tears to my eyes more then once today thinking about the past 49 years without her. Of all the things she missed out in life, her children getting married, her grandchildren, her great grandchildren etc,etc.

I'm not writing for sympathy but want to remind people to love the people around you especially your family. You never know when your time is coming. When growing up I had classmates who wold be little their parents for trivia things and all could think back then was I just wish I had a mom. I have a good friend who hasn't talked to his mom in years over inheritance of a grandparent. How sad.

Sorry for the rambling,,,, just felt like opening up to someone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)