AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stetts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

FlyLow
Posted 7/2/2006 10:44 (#23507 - in reply to #23306)
Subject: Howdy Dave!

South Texas
Been a while. Right now I'm thinkin' the auction will be Fri the 13th of Oct. Not firm yet.

One of the regrets is that I never made it across the river to see you and your family. Sometimes I didn't even get to stop in to see my brother in IA on the return trip.

How does it feel? Good, actually, which surprised me. However the reason for halting this wonderful chapter is that I have too many things I've signed onto down here. It's sort of the same thing when I retired from the AF after 24 years of flying for them. It's a good time for the young folks to take over and I'm plenty busy with other activities. So, having retired twice, I'd recommend always having lots lined up to keep busy and productive.

I still have my Case 450 dozer and Bobcat so I can play in the 60 acres of dirt here. In fact, I'm having a 4 in 1 bucket built for the Bobcat and can't wait to try it out. (Bobcat sells a 60" one, but my BobKitty is more for a 48".)

We've become more involved with Pygmy goats over the last 6 years and go to shows more or less monthly. I'm a director and secretary for the national organization and that takes a fair amount of volunteer time. Still have mini horses and mini donkeys, too.

Dave and Gunner, you guys both have outside interests and run about the same acreage with 6 RN no-til. I'd surely recommend you talk to each other. Let me know if you've any problems linking.

Take care. Best of luck to all. Stetts
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)