AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving snow with skid steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Duane in ND
Posted 4/15/2013 14:40 (#3037489 - in reply to #3037358)
Subject: RE: Moving snow with skid steer

North central North Dakota

When going a long distance pushing snow, I only have the regular bucket or snow pusher to move snow.  If I can keep moving, the snow pusher will plow snow off to the side.  I usually have to stop give it a push to one side or the other when it heavy.  Problem is then I have a pile right next to teh road which can stop more snow.  I try to use my snowblower on tractor if it gets deep.

As far as running a loader, my A300 with heater, stereo, coffee cup holder and air ride seat , is very comfortable to run.  If I had a track unit, I think a snow pusher would work nicely, never tried a blade type unit on my A300, maybe the articulated steering would work OK with blade.

When snow is heavy the John Deere 6430 can handle the snow nicely by going further in deep snow before spinning out, just is not as manuverable in tight areas. 

I run a small Bobcat 331 mini excavator, I used it for moving snow last week when I put on the 39" bucket.  Was nice to hop into that heated cab also for moving some snow. 

(IMG_1396.JPG)

(IMG_1873b.jpg)

(IMG_1702b.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1396.JPG (76KB - 684 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1873b.jpg (54KB - 694 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1702b.JPG (75KB - 675 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)