AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

storm update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 4/14/2013 15:55 (#3035400 - in reply to #3035300)
Subject: Re: storm update

Have at least 12 inches here with some massive drifts. Cows are all outside, calves can go in and out of barn. For most part they have been sticking outside except during nursing times. Worst storm this late in year that I ever remember.

Not going to be fun moving snow. Corrals are done for, I have 4 ft high drifts in some areas but the ground is mucky before this, damn near got stuck putting feed and beeding down for storm. Don't know, guess I will have to clear an area out in the middle of nowhere once this passes to feed and bed, going to be tough getting to and moving snow by windbreaks and area I bedded before.

I can only hope that I did enough to keep the scours and pneumonia away otherwise this will be ugly.

Hopefully this passes tonight and I can move snow tomorrow and get them bedded down good. Also hoping for a gradual warmup otherwise there will be flooding.

Never seen anything like this in mid April, early April yes, mid no.

Probably a good three weeks before any field work as well. This time last year most guys barley, peas, wheat were in and getting ready for canola.

One extreme to another. Think I will move, want a place where I can calve my cows on some nice green grass, any suggestions!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)