AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

plastic dump bed liners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 6/28/2006 22:44 (#22653 - in reply to #22284)
Subject: Werner Plastics

I'll second the motion. We got one this winter. Warner Plastics and Liners. www.warnerplastics.com

He's a former farmer who started running some dumps himself and then got plastic for his own. He told me one thing led to another, he now is swamped selling the plastic and his wife oversee's the dumps.

He knows a lot about the liners. Gave me two people to call who did similar things as us and both of them spoke very highly of him. I would trust what ever he tells me about the liners. So far ours has been everything he said it would

Becareful though there are some cheaper ones out there that will not lost. We first got in touch with him because one of the companies we work with has some of his liners in their own trucks. They had some other cheaper brands that broke up and did not last since they started buying his they have not had any more trouble.

We've got ours in a 26' 1/4 frame 1/2 round trailer. We got the 1/2 thick, but not the very hardest grade. He said that sometimes the very hardest would crack from dropping something big on it.

We haul dirt, lime dust, rock, even some larger take out rocks that are somewhat flat and bigger than you could ever begin to pick up by hand. These were mixed with some clay and although they did scratch it up some it's still ok. With dirt and lime it will come out about one stage sooner on the cyliner than similar trailers without a liner. I tried to haul some stacking rock for Charlie, they were about a foot thick and from 2' to 3' square and larger with square corners. I hauled 3 loads of them and could see that they were going to gouge the plastic when they slid out so I had to quit.

If you won't haul anything bigger than 2 to 4" rock I don't think you'd even scratch it. I wish we'd known of the plastic when we tried to haul dry fertilizer in a gravity wagon.

Check out his web site and give him a call, he is like a walking encyclopedia when it comes to plastics.

Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)