AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some Fat Cow Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MCatSHF
Posted 3/26/2013 09:20 (#2992556 - in reply to #2992104)
Subject: Re: Some Fat Cow Pics

Sandy Hook, MB

proud2Bafarmer - 3/26/2013 06:29 Are those stockers that you bought just to put gain on? I didn't see calves, but I might not have been paying attention. Looks like a pay day to me.

Hello Proud2Bafarmer
My cull cows: bad feet, bad udders, & the young Hereford cow has no depth to her body & is uncooperative when it comes time to move them. She's not a "heads up" cow, quiet until it's time to move them, then she wants to go her own way & that scares the rest of the herd. She's spoiling the rest of my quiet Herefords. I'm set up for rotational grazing & I don't chase my cattle, I call them & they follow me. I'm getting too old to be chasing after cattle.
Around here guys are culling in the fall after weaning & there are a lot of cows going to market. It always picks up this time of year. Years ago I used to put my culls on rolled barley to fatten them. Since I went to chopped silage, I feed them whatever I've got. I've fattened them on alfalfa/grass, sweet/red clover, red clover/grass, barley, oat, & now corn silage.

I guess I'm about 3 weeks away from what you got there. Until then, I'm going to enjoy my poor man's concrete! 

Reason for edit: Spelling & addition    

Edited by MCatSHF 3/26/2013 12:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)