AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

with Resistance Management, Where Should this Corn Herbicide Combo Be Used?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lwcotn
Posted 3/23/2013 10:11 (#2984877)
Subject: with Resistance Management, Where Should this Corn Herbicide Combo Be Used?

Tenn Valley
I'm a long time viewer & poster here in Crop Talk. I'm a Tennessee fellow & I need your Hep, Advice & Comments.

I worked in the ag chemical/crop protection industry & have a patent that gives synergy to the HPPD corn herbicides. I've used ametryn[Evik] + Impact as a pre in corn or ametryn[Evik] + Balance in corn as a preplant or premerge. The weeds it controls Best are waterhemp, marestail, velvetleaf, smartweed, ragweed. The grasses are ryegrass, Johnsongrass, foxtails, and panicums.

As I said, There's a synerrgy when these families are mixed. Dr. Dean Riechers, Uni of Illinois, describes this in a paper he presented at an Agronomy Field Day [in '06?] - "Can Weed Resistance to HPPD Inhibitors be prevented?" I have a CD that I put together with a grower & county agent in '11 showing field performance. I worked with an Extension fellow in Mo. in '12 where the bean field was almost lost to pigweed in '11 where this program gave 98% control vs 80% with a standard pigweed treatment. Length of control is 7-10 weeks

This technology can be used on all herbicide traits. It can even be used where Force or Counter are used as in furrow insecticides.

Growers I've demonstrated this with want to use this combo. Resistance management says we should be using this combo. The Big Boys aren't interested in this Business, the smaller companies say this project is too Big. You - Us growers aren't presented with this technology But, I believe and have demonstrated it really fits now.

I appreciate all comments & suggestions. Should the Winning Suggestion - Contract get a bottle of Jack Daniel Single Barrel? That's the local industry.

Thanks for your Hep!

Edited by lwcotn 3/23/2013 10:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)