AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nice guys finish last???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tnfarmer
Posted 3/21/2013 21:40 (#2981862 - in reply to #2981238)
Subject: RE: Nice guys finish last???

tennessee
Yeah I know the feeling.........I lost out a farm 2 yrs ago that I was farming right next to and I thought I was decent friends with the owner. The guys that got it bid more than I would have but what got my blood boiling a little was that the owner never called me for a bid. My crops look as good as anyone's and I had never had a cross word with the guy. I think I know what did me in on the deal. Bout 4 yrs. ago he called me about possibly renting his ground cause he was getting rid of his cattle. So, I went and looked it over and gave him a price, which was consistent with what ground was going for at the time. I guess he thought it was worth alot more, so I never heard anymore about it. Next thing I know someone else is farming it. Another piece of ground close to my home was being cut for hay by a friend of mine so I never went and tried to rent it. I go by there one day in the spring and notice corn is growing. Some other farmers went to the owner and offered him a good price and they got it from my friend. Things like this just happen, but I'm still not gonna go around trying to take land from other people. You'll get a very bad name very quick doing that. It will all work out in the end. Just do what your conscience will let you do and you'll be fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)