AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Botched Banding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Direct Injected
Posted 3/21/2013 16:02 (#2980998 - in reply to #2980959)
Subject: RE: Thats what you get buying 3 weights

SW, Missouri
scottcupps - 3/21/2013 15:37

No offense meant here either.... but thats kinda what you get with 3 weights.... Thats why when im buying light light weight grass calves, id rather just buy bulls for less money and castrate them myself (with a band) ....than have to deal with what the Tards here in southwest mo and northwest Arkansas do sometimes!.... Over heard part of a conversation at Joplin Stockyards once with one guy tell another ""Thats what you get buying 3 weight""... i have no clue what they were talking about!.... but really made me think!.... I dont know many good cattleman who sell their calves in the 3's ... Even if you wean them with a trailer, a goof cattlemen is going to have cattle that weigh more than that.... Moral of the story, if your buying 3 weight calves..... your buying something from a jackleg.... and if your buying something from a jackleg.... there prob going to show sighns of being managed by a jackleg!... go buy some 800 pounders from a good cattlemen who delay castrates with bands that were weaned off at 630lbs, banded at 670lbs, and are doing good!.... wont be a botched band job in the bunch!!....

Do you know what the term staggy means? Thats what I have seen from calves that aren't cut or banded until they get that big. The look and sell like a bull.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)