AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation advice needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

knks
Posted 3/13/2013 20:46 (#2963367 - in reply to #2962840)
Subject: Re: Irrigation advice needed

haskell county, ks
out here in sw ks, most of us feel that about .80" to 1.00" every 4 days will raise a very good crop. if you have that kind of water and you want to go a little more i would not disagree. i like to start up and not shut off and keep cycles going. problem with shutting down is you know you should start up tomorrow but something comes up, you are in wheat harvest, you name it and all of a sudden you are 3 days late. with huge water, you are going from feast to famine, not consistency. also in our ground if we shut off that is when have problems getting stuck. as a first time irrigator, come up with a plan of consistency and you will know where you are. as far as energy, volume of water and hp requirements are directly related. an engine running at a decent pace and not all out is a longer lasting engine. i don't know depth pumping, which also determines hp ( i am pumping from 400' to 550') but pumps can be designed for and appropriate amount of water and be effecient. just my thoughts. would love to have that kind of water.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)