AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ca for rented land.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 3/13/2013 07:21 (#2961892 - in reply to #2961186)
Subject: Re: Ca for rented land.

Martinsville, Ohio
Sounds like he's 78 and living year to year. I know 28 year olds who act like that!

Getting the right soil fertility on your own farm is hard enough, let alone rented ground.

I always used a little pellet lime which many scoff at as a waste of money because it's 5 times or whatever higher than ag lime. It takes a longer time for ag lime to work so if you don't have 3 years or 5 years ag lime may be out. Still could be your best bang for the buck like if you did it 3 years ago or whatever. We can't see the future.

There has been a huge land grab going on so we must plan year by year. I can't farm without a lime or fertilizer budget. Let's say it's $100 or $150, corn probably higher. Which products will give you the best return on investment?

The one I use is around a dollar a bushel for lime and fertilizer. 158 bu is near those dollars.
http://aede.osu.edu/programs-and-research/osu-farm-management/budge...

How can you spend that money so it's best utilized this year? I think that is your question?

There are all kinds of programs to spend your dollars.

I don't know your past history or who you deal with or what you've done to understand who you trust and what you should do.

Your average program though is going to help achieve your yields at an affordable price. Some are just a little better than others but others are more convenient.

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)