AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking I got burned on a farm lease.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Prohay
Posted 3/12/2013 13:18 (#2960126 - in reply to #2960078)
Subject: Re: Thinking I got burned on a farm lease.

No Mans Land , Cimarron co. OK.
My understanding about the law here is if you have already started doing next seasons field work and have new crop inputs they can not take it away from you until the crop season is over .Like the other poster stated send them a rent check and explain to them you already have done 2013 work and have 2013 inputs in this ground. Go talk to a lawyer who has knowledge about these issues. I had a place I have 4 years left on written lease and it sold last fall and they were going to take control after the new owner told me I could have it rent free for 1 year and he was taking over , I ask him how he was going to pay me for the 4 years on lease I still have ? The phone went silent and he said he would get back with me and he did a few days later and he wanted to know what I wanted to get out of it and I told him and he balked at my price, I suggested he let me continue to farm it until my lease was up. Then he could take over and buy my sprinklers and engines and I will walk away.It sucks when you have broke a place out of grass and farmed for 17 years, put in sprinklers and done all the underground work yourself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)