AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tractor safety poll
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/3/2013 18:24 (#2939702 - in reply to #2939633)
Subject: Re: Tractor safety poll

Chebanse, IL.....

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't thank flat belts have the danger of other "rotating" type devices. I suppose it could cause abrasions if you fell on it while it was running, but slipping off the drawbar & crashing to the ground would also cause damage, or just slipping & hitting the ground with your head could be a problem for some. There are 9,000,000 things trying to kill you on a farm every day. Some are living, some are inanimate. I'm sure stepping over the belt isn't OSHA approved, but then again, if the do-gooders had their way we'd probably have skid-lids, safety glasses, & harnesses on from the time we walked out the door in the a.m. until we got back home safe in our bed....safe unless you live in or near a state that has sinkholes. I believe PA is rated 3rd or 4th in sinkhole danger.

I'm voting no...it's not dangerous, though I realize you loaded the answers to be over-stating either way. But then again we combine corn almost continuously with the auger out..same w/the grain cart. We do not invite others to critique our safety habits either.It seems that's up to the US Govt.

Also, some people probably shouldn't be around machinery & should stay in the office or inside somewhere more comfortable anyway. The inexperienced are usually the first hurt.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)