AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic Autosteer platform
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CB In The Cab
Posted 12/15/2007 14:54 (#260808 - in reply to #260140)
Subject: Re: Hydraulic Autosteer platform

Central To Everything and Close to Nothing
I'm not sure if anyone does make an integrated kit for those series of Coupes. I have run the T2 EZ-Steer and JD ATU on those machines and I had better luck with the ATU. In both cases we mounted the antennas on the front of the cab as putting it on the nose didn't seem to make much difference. As you know, cab space is a premium in those so I find that the ATU saves a little room as well. I found that the ATU did a better job at keeping the machine online at higher speeds (15mph) than the EZ-Steer did. As well, getting good steering wheel contact with the EZ-Steer was a bit of an issue too. In both cases, you have to get the sprayer online before engaging the steering or it will take a very long time for it to get there. The inherant problem with those sprayers is that they are so light on the front end when you have a full tank on that the front end likes to skate around giving the auto-steering a difficult time. If there is an integrated kit out there for these machine, I think it would have to have a wheel angle sensor to improve the performance as I think the universal products do a good job at turning the wheels, they just don't always know which way they are pointed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)