AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Credit AGAIN
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

coochief
Posted 2/16/2013 18:34 (#2903877 - in reply to #2902802)
Subject: RE: Farm Credit AGAIN

SE MT

I deal with Northwest FC and they have been great!  Pretty nice gettin .75 % of your interest back at the end of the year.  I realize the 80's were horrible and my banker even tells me it wasn't fun being a banker either during that era.   But you know what I have noticed,   the 80's weeded out most all of the half assed operators and the better operators mustered threw.  It was kind of a culling process.   Actually the local banks ended up with way more R/E than farm credit did over the years, for what thats worth.      
          I personally think that we will have a repeat of the 80's, circumstances will be different but I think anyone on the overleveraged side will have to downsize to stay in business.   These times may not be that distant either.    Kinda like our markets right now they just can't build any steam.   
          This country is starting to run like an old motor, low compression, air filter plugged, weak spark, and they(Fed) just keep dumping fuel (QE) in it thinking it might just fix itself.    My .02$

edited: spelling

Edited by coochief 2/16/2013 18:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)