AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Points of Clarification
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 12/12/2007 19:50 (#258541 - in reply to #258205)
Subject: Re: Points of Clarification

I can remember a cartoon that my Grandmother cut out of the Great Falls Montana Tribune and placed on the piano in our farmhouse living room. It was shortly after the "Great Russian Grain Robbery" became public information. It was a caricature of L. Bresznev standing in the middle of a wheat field with Old Glory waving in the back ground. The caption read, " Amber Waves of grain.............." I was just a kid then probaly 10-12 years old but that has ALWAYS stuck in my mind, I can see it like it was yesterday.

Has something akin to this ALREADY happened and it is being doled out piecemeal this time?? I know newcrop wheat futures are AWESOME, but so is $600/ton UREA. I for one am in a tizzy. Have HRW growing in the ground, only additional expense will be harvest, perhaps weed spray and MAYBE additional N. Have run the numbers on selling, can get $8.00 CASH for September delivery. If I can harvest an average crop, sell it for $8.00, I will be totally out of Debt. On the other hand if I sell it and don't have a crop and prices escalate, I am #$%^&*!! Yea, Yea I have CRC but what about money for next year????

If I KNEW I could raise a crop, I wouldnt be worried HOWEVER COMMA it is very SCARY at these price levels!!

Thanks for all you input and keep it coming.

Buckwheat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)