AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hired help, going to pull my hair out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dairyman78
Posted 2/9/2013 09:14 (#2885862 - in reply to #2885641)
Subject: RE: Hired help, going to pull my hair out

S.C. Wisconsin
Just remember if managed properly each employee is like a machine that should be making you money. Just like machinery it can give you problems and if there were not problems there would be no need for management. When we increased our employee's I found that had to spend more time managing them rather than doing the bull work. This helps a lot to keep yourself in a better temperament as employee's sense when you are in a bad mood. But on the other hand I know people who cannot management employee's and should leave it to others. Remember it's like having a ball team and you are the coach, and you wish you had all perfect players but in the real world this will never happen. So as a coach you have to try to play the game to win with the players you have. Some farming you can use machinery to do your work but in dairy farming you have to deal with employees'. Having all family labor might work well for some but I have heard some real horror stories about families trying to work together. At least when you have a non productive employee you can easily remove from your team. Not so easy with family members. Good luck and hope you have better days.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)