AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about the Dodge Ram commercial
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Unit 2
Posted 2/5/2013 20:25 (#2877588 - in reply to #2874785)
Subject: RE: Question about the Dodge Ram commercial

I’m going to take a chance here and say what I think of the commercial. First of all let me say that I used to listen to Paul Harvey every day especially when I was out in the field. I think the commercial was great but I really don’t need Paul Harvey to tell me how hard I work. I know how hard I work and in my fifty years of farming and custom harvesting I could relate to everything that he talked about in that commercial. Now what is really upsetting me about the whole thing is the way some of you are acting and talking about it. Some of you are acting like a bunch of forth graders who just finished giving you’re grade school Christmas program and all your parents are hugging you and telling you what a great job you did. Do you guys really need Paul Harvey to tell you what a great job you’re doing? I get my satisfaction from $6.50 corn, $13.00 beans and $7.00 wheat. And besides all that I do not think the commercial was directed toward us farmers. At least it did not have to be directed toward me because I know what I have done the last fifty years. I would like to think it was directed toward the city folks that do not have clue what we do. If you want to get all teary eyed with pride every time you hear that commercial go right ahead, but I’m mature enough that I don’t need someone to tell me what a great job I’ve done for the last fifty years. I’ll just keep right on doing what I’ve been doing, working hard taking care of the land that God has entrusted me with and do my best to do my small part in this world.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)