AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what dodge commercial all I seen was a ram
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tomram486
Posted 2/4/2013 18:27 (#2874807 - in reply to #2874567)
Subject: Chrysler's Ram SB commerical LOL

This is funny about the Chrysler farmer commercial. I wonder if the Dodge name is going to disappear. The pickups will become Chrysler's Rams like a Town&County van. You Ford and Chevy owners better not laugh too much. It is funny that non-farmers don't know that they are Dodges not Chrysler. LOL

'God Made A Farmer' Super Bowl Ad: Paul Harvey Speech In Chrysler's Ram Truck Commercial
While most Super Bowl advertisers went with some combination of silly and sexy in hopes of winning over viewers, Chrysler struck a far more poignant vibe with its "So God Made A Farmer" ad.

Ostensibly promoting its line of Ram pickup trucks, Chrysler's homage to farmers was based around a speech delivered by Paul Harvey, a conservative radio host. According to Agriculture Proud, Harvey recited this speech in 1978 at the Future Farmers of America convention.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/god-made-a-farmer-super-bo...

Here is a comment from one page:

'God Made A Farmer' And The Super Bowl Made Him A Star
First of all, this was not an add for Dodge. This is an ad for Chrysler's Ram Truck division. Yes, the Ram was formerly the Dodge Ram, but Ram's lineup has been separated as its own division. The difference is minimal, but Dodge really isn't involved.

I call myself a farmer because I work for a third-generation family farm in Pennsylvania. Whatever the reality may be, I thought this ad was awesome. When I saw it the first thing I thought of is the strength and resilience that farmers have. Times change and things get tough, but that's when the tough get going. That kind of pride and integrity has gotten my farm through 98 years. I drive a GMC truck, but I'm proud to be working the land and part of the agriculture system. Also, thumbs up for the tractors in the ad--my farm drives Case IH and Massey Ferguson.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/02/04/171056911/-god-made-a-f...

Edited by tomram486 2/4/2013 18:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)