AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Waitress loses job when pastor customer stiffs her for tip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 2/2/2013 11:24 (#2868881 - in reply to #2867547)
Subject: RE: Waitress loses job when pastor customer stiffs her for tip

North Central Illinois
First of all the Pastor is a horses behind using God as an excuse to be cheap and stiff a waitress on her tip. Second the waitress is not too bright either. As outraged or amused as she might have been by this incident people have to get it through their heads that you can't just throw anything and everything up on social media without there being consequences. Last thing is the 18% automatic tip. Many restaurants have been doing this for a long time. Higher end places have done it for as long as I can remember but now they are all doing it. I don't like it. I think it should be up to an individual to decide how much they will tip but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who think they are being really generous with a five or ten percent tip. Or as is this case nothing! Restaurants have started adding the tip to protect their waitresses from cheapskates. I suspect some of these restraints are probably skimming a few percent from the waitresses by doing it this way. Waitressing is hard tiring work. If service is good to excellent I leave 15% to 20%. If it was fair to good 10% to 15%. If lousy 10% or maybe a little less. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and allow that the wait person may have just been having a bad day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)