AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tara Farms?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 2/1/2013 10:16 (#2866185 - in reply to #2866037)
Subject: Re: Tara Farms?

Boone Co. Iowa
http://www.pioneer.com/growingpointlegacy/marketing/wmh/cashgrain/2...

Tara Looking at this for timing of March highs/lows in the month of February, it looks like we will have at least 2-3 weeks of higher prices in corn. Which should increase the inversion somewhat. Then I think it will stabilize until that end of March cattle feed statement, then start trading corn planting as it gets started down south.

I think that our biggest difference of opinion is that you think funds are almost done with their buying spree, and I think that they are just getting started.

Edit: I graduated HS in 1988, been farming since 2005, so I completely missed the 1996 Hedging fiasco with growers/coops. I grew up on the farm and followed some things as a kid, but spent time in between getting education, traveling, working for others until I came back to the farm. Maybe why I am starting to feel like uber-bull. I see inflation on horizon (higher prices), lots of $$ sloshing around system (higher prices), and corn trading in China and Paris for approximately 30% and 10% higher than Chicago board of trade (much higher prices).

Futures on the Dalian exchange in China were down 3.8 cents to $9.641, while corn in Paris was up 1.4 cents to $8.181 in morning trade. Note: Prices are in bushel equivalents including currency adjustments. (via Farm Futures email update).

Edited by WeaveFarmer 2/1/2013 10:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)