AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

gun buying question, not a boiler room thing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tooth and nail
Posted 1/30/2013 19:43 (#2862109 - in reply to #2861365)
Subject: RE: gun buying question, not a boiler room thing.

Chris - 1/30/2013 13:55

Last fall I was in Coraville at a sporting goods store.  I was looking for a .22 semi auto target rifle.  Now I was dressed decently and well groomed but nobody paid any attention to me.  Even as I took several different rifles down and looked at them.  I'd like to get something that shot more than one shot without reloading and repositioning.

That aside I did find something disturbing.  There was a lady who appeared to be between 75 and 80 years old buying a pistol/revolver.  I was looking at stuff in the area and watched the salesman show her several different models.  She was too weak to work the action on the automatics and had a lot of trouble with most of the revolvers.  Finally the salesman took one double action revolver and cocked it for her.  Then handed it back to her and she pulled the trigger.  
He spent some more time helping her cock the gun and dry firing it.  If you would have seen it you would have been curious as to the value of her having such a gun.  The way she handled it and the complete lack of knowledge really bothered me.  I wondered if she lived in an apartment complex or had a home near others.  She didn't seem to grasp the concept of bullets traveling through walls and I don't know who she was protecting herself from.  I overheard some of the conversation but not enough to understand the problem.
Ultimately she bought the gun.

As a person that is a staunch believer in people right to own firearms I'm conflicted about incidents such as this.

Adrenilian !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)