AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheel loader lift ? for loading fedwagons etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

J. Sheehan
Posted 1/27/2013 15:27 (#2853775 - in reply to #2853273)
Subject: Re: Wheel loader lift ? for loading fedwagons etc.

Sunnyside, WA
The larger wagon is harder on asphalt with poor drainage, but what isn't. Have not noticed any problems on 6" concrete. 4" concrete would be a disaster.

We do not feed any round bales. All hay and straw is in 3x4x8 or 4x4x8. Cut the strings, push up in a pile, and let the vertical do the processing.

My wagons have made 16,000 to 18,000 loads now and need augers. Knives about every 4000 loads. There are costs, but I have had less breakdowns with my verticals than with the 4 augers they replaced. Your results may vary.

Not sure how much hp they take. Varies a lot by wagon.

Scale jumping is usually due to a bad load cell, loose wire, or some calibrations need to be adjusted. Ours will bounce 50+ lbs at least on most loads

There is a place for all types of feed wagons. If you feed a lot of silage only, there is not as much need for a vertical. If you have a grinder and can grind one bale per minute like you say below, then by all means keep up with what you are doing. I really don't care what kind of mixer you use. I like my verticals for my situation, but I know that reel and 4 auger are also very popular and work very well. A 4 auger would work fine in my milk cow rations, but I really like the vertical for feeding heifers and dry cows. Feedlot is a whole lot different than dairy.

Good luck, and demo, demo, demo. You may realize that your 4 auger Harsh is still the best fit for you. Or just have a few beers and it won't matter! The OP asked about loading height, and that's all I can really answer about.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)