AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Canadian Health care
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John 86
Posted 1/26/2013 18:28 (#2851841 - in reply to #2850012)
Subject: RE: Canadian Health care

Seaforth, Ontario

Ernie, best wishes for Pat and Mick.

I've had good and bad luck with hospitals in Ontario. A lot depends on the size (whether busy or not) and the personnel in the emergency room.

My family doctor was away so I went to emerge; told dr. that I was very tired and sleeping a lot; he looked at my history, says I'm diabetic, so my blood sugar must be high; gave me a shot of insulin and sent me home. Still dragging my butt next week, went to my family dr.; he did some blood tests, came back I had mono, at age 40.

At age 55, went to emerge with vision problems among other complaints; dr. looked and said sugar levels must be up and that I have glaucoma; went to my optomitrist who told me within 5 minutes that I'd  had a stroke. Family dr. was on vacation.

5 years ago I went to that same hospital emerge with fever and severe vomiting; dr. asked a lot of questions and noticed one leg was reddish; no open sores, but evidence of recently healed ulcer on my heel. Blood work showed very high white cell count. He put me on an IV antibiotic right away and had me come back daily for a week. Again my family dr. was away that week.

I'm starting to agree with my wife that there should be a per visit fee that would alleviate an overloaded system.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)