AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bears are in Missouri!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 1/25/2013 08:49 (#2848494 - in reply to #2848454)
Subject: Re: Bears are in Missouri!

Now doesn't that just seem counter productive? We need record exports just to eat up what we produce now and it's not like someone has magic pigs that gain well on gravel for feed. I can see replacement production, but new not so much (they didn't ask me though). The other side of this is that these barns don't get built without contracts and that's from producer to integrator and integrator to packer. Are packers demanding that much more pork? We're all under the price umbrella of the cme and contract prices based on that, so it's not like folks in MO are standing in line to pay more for pork are they? Anyway, I would guess that it's production closing down where regulation and locals are running pork producers out (maybe NC) and coming to a more pork friendly state (maybe MO). It's hard to judge by our backyards, but I wonder if big pig ends up running production from one end of the country to the other about every 10 years because they can't help but make a huge footprint where ever they go. Not that footprint is a really big deal, but it does get you noticed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)