AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speech therapy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 1/22/2013 22:14 (#2842603)
Subject: Speech therapy

King City, Mo
Has anyone or any of your kids gotten speech therapy out side of a school or hospital setting?

If so how did i go?

My wife is a SLP and sometimes contemplates going to private practice but isn't ready take the jump and isn't too keen of neither one of us having a regular check, or how billing ect would work. The thought of losing a paid maternity leave if/when we have any more kids also is a down turn.

I suggested she do summer clinic, in our house or use a spare room in one of the businesses in town. Our local school district and the 2 towns on each side of ours don't have SLP's in there district and we have herd ramblings that some parents aren't happy with there kids services/progress...

I have a MBA, and don't mind doing the paper work and gathering permits or ect that she would need, but wouldn't be able to help during planting/harvest ect. I had to write several business plans in graduate school so stuff like that doesn't bother me.

I don't even know what speech therapist get paid for private practice. The hole billing insurance and/or medicade sounds like a pita...

What gets my wife down is that she loves doing thepory and helping the kids but the darma, paperwork, dead beat parents, get her down in the school setting....

e-mail works in profile if you prefer not to post.....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)