AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I continue to drink Sat's beary flavored kool-aid Part 2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/16/2013 08:42 (#2826579 - in reply to #2822276)
Subject: I wondered how that was going..

Thanks for the info.. I wondered how that was going..??  Basically spot some cars.. plop down a transfer pump.. and start building around that.. lol.  I'm sure it's a lot more involved but golly what a mess.  How cold is it up there right now...???  Man.. cold trucks.. frozen lines..??  leaky pumps.. and not enough help.

I was thinking about your comment..

"The rail serve people can't find enough people to work here for 30/ hr loading cars .."

And Sat's assertion that Crude prices are too high.. ?!?  So how do you find help while cutting the sugar??

However, given time.. as they build the infrastructure out.. things will improve.

http://www.petroleumnews.com/pntruncate/312081290.shtml

So.. Sat may yet see some lower prices.. down the road.. but that infrastructure doesn't come on the cheap.  If Crude fell to $60 or $50.. things would change..no?  Again I'm sure the markets will work things out.. but going from 750 k takeaway up to 1.2 million will still take $$$ and time.. and workers.

Hope they spot those feeder lines in the right places..  What happens if/when the buildout occurs and prices fall...???

It's the same thing in the corn.. our breakeven's were over $7.00.. with the lower yields.. and now we're supposed to be adding acres with $2.00 less offered in the futures...??

"uh-huh."

If it rains.. it works.. if not...???

Oh well.. surely things will work out.  It's good that the railroads have the spare capacity right now.. imagine if the economy was rocking and they were short of crews and equipment..  slowly but surely clawing our way out of the recession.. one tanker load at a time.

"Cheers."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)