AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why don't end users cry conspiracy with every report?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Superfarmin
Posted 1/13/2013 00:47 (#2818506 - in reply to #2818385)
Subject: Re: Why don't end users cry conspiracy with every report?

I tend to believe that they are really trying their best to get the numbers as accurate as possible. Any grain buyer that i've talked to regarding this topic basically tells me that these guys that crunch the numbers are about as nerdy as you can possibly get when it comes to what it is that their supposed to do. I can't imagine trying to keep arms around how much grain actually gets produced and is being used/exported imported ect. Especially when it is pretty common knowledge that us as producers try to skew the numbers in our favor day in and day out and if you think that all the elevators and end users are being honest then..... bottom line is it is the information that the trade has to work with its what gets traded. I usually find that the people who think their is scheme and demise on the part of the usda are generally the ones who happened to be on the other side of the market than the info that gets or got released favored. Its the board of trades job to make sure we don't run out of corn, the fact that we never have tells me that it works. That part has nothing to do with usda numbers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)