AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

is it justifiable to steal if you can't make it otherwise?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 1/11/2013 00:37 (#2814153 - in reply to #2813404)
Subject: RE: is it justifiable to steal if you can't make it otherwise?

Southeast Wyoming

These times make it especially easy to get behind; not an excuse, but it happens.  And it is hard to ask for help, extremely hard.  It's bad stealing $500 worth of stuff and getting maybe $50 for it; this surely makes them feel all the more like victims.  I'm afraid that is a very common way of thinking, more so all the time.

You mentioned: ". . . as a husband and father i cannot fathom doing something that would bring dishonor to my family."  That worked in our generation and for many past generations but not only do many in the current generations have no sense of honor, neither do they have a sense of family, a sense of father or husband, mother or wife.  This is what I find extremely sad.  Yes, these are not the first to experience this loss of identity but I don't believe it has ever been this wide spread before.  This "changing" role appears to be somethng that is widely promoted as the norm.

But I have not lost hope.  There are so many in this generation who are great people and growing, they just don't get the media coverage.

We all need to pray and do what we can for those we can reach out and touch, generously sharing what God has so richly provided.  And no, I do not mean turning a blind eye to thievery and dishonestly.

Edited by Gary Lyon 1/11/2013 00:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)