AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Could you answer a question for me Ray Jenkins?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

big12cc
Posted 1/5/2013 15:57 (#2800915 - in reply to #2800800)
Subject: RE: Could you answer a question for me Ray Jenkins?

nw iowa
not surprising,our local coop had to get in the gas station business 30 or 40 years ago.they mismanaged & drove off customers til every station they owned had to be closed or sold.even lately they had to be in the convenience store/gas station business.currently of the seven stores they had built and run,only two are still owned by them and open.they run a set of card only fuel pumps around a half dozen county area and have the highest fuel prices around-always.they have an ethanol plant as well and their grain markets are the lowest in the state, almost always.they made us wait in line to dump grain several years because they were hauling it to the small elevator near me.coop trucks had priority to dump they said, so they could keep other small elevators dumping corn and beans.i talked with one of the drivers and told him i thought it was a joke to load it,haul it,and dump it in other towns elevator.his response? "well,we'll probably be back here this winter loading it out and hauling it again to some other elevator ! ".this is done on a regular basis and they own the semis and trailers. i was picked to attend coop youth leadership camp in the 70's and know coop theory will work if managed right but it seems like these guys no longer care.when you can use OPM you don't need to be efficient,obviously.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)