AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

R/C Aircraft for crop pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 6/22/2006 10:26 (#21271 - in reply to #21234)
Subject: RE: A hint on learning to fly.

Little River, TX
I agree I like the basic cub design. At one time there were a few Piper Tri pacer owners who I gave biannual reviews to. I would give to them in a J-3 Cub. We could do all the stall exercises, each log 6 landings and not exceed one hour of flying time. We would do it on a long lunch break.

I did not like the light 2 place Cessna tail draggers as they had too much of a tendency to bounce, on those spring steel landing gear. The Cessna 170 was nice as was the Cessna 180. The super cub with it's bungy landing gear and big fat tires is very forgiving on landing. my operator manual for a Super Cub said it was ok to take off with less than full RPM because the plane was designed to fly with 65 HP.

A positive thing for a tricycle gear is the plane does stay on the ground better when you are supervised by high winds. The big advantage for conventional gear is you have less a tendency to ding a prop on take off and doing a run up.

If I were to own a plain again it probably would be a pre 1970 C-172 with a semi climb prop. I like being able to put the flaps down without needing electricity.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)