AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feed Wagon ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 12/25/2012 15:25 (#2775251)
Subject: Feed Wagon ?

King City, Mo
Do you have to grind mixed grass hay or straw to be used in a feed wagon?

I switched from some old straw that i had been doctoring with molasses to this year's straw and the cows aren't eating it well....i dunno if they tanked up on the extra hay i put out before the snow and now being picky eaters but were out grazeing today and not eating the straw that had been out for a few days.....

I don't have a hay grinder, saw a schwartz feed wagon for sale and it has a big auger on the front of it where the feed comes out. Could a feller just rip apart 2 bales of straw, a bale of good hay, some molasses mix it up with the bobcat and grapple and load what was needed into the wagon? The wagon wasn't much but would work for this year. Hay is short supply and i could buy some DDGs that people were hot on the last time i was thinkin' about changing something. http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=351488&posts=2...

Change is slow and hard, so it's a process and i'm asking lots of quesitons so i don't have a screw up and end up jacking equipment up or getting the belly of the cows messed up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)