AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem Mailman...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 12/22/2012 22:25 (#2769451 - in reply to #2769266)
Subject: RE: Problem Mailman...

East Central Ia
Tnfarmer - 12/22/2012 20:05

Sounds like you may have a mailman that don't want to do his job all the time. I am a mailman, so I'll tell you what I would do. Talk to him first before going to management. Give him the opportunity to get his act together. If your flag is up, there is no excuse really for not getting your outgoing mail. Especially if this happens on a regular basis, everyone can miss it once in a while. As far as leaving your packages, a big box out by the box is a great idea. Wish more of my people would do that. We don't have to leave packages unless it say's to leave it on the package. If I leave it without this endorsment on the package, then I'm responsible for it if something happens to it(dog). One more thing, always remember that you don't know what may be going on in your mailman's personal life(divorce, kids, financial problems, etc.). Sometimes it's very hard to focus on each delivery if something is really bothering you elsewhere. I know that if a customer ever talks to me in a "CALM" manner about a mistake I've made then I try to watch that person's mail closer. I don't want to make mistake's and he probably don't either, but we're all human and it's gonna happen. It's not as easy a job as one might think. Good luck with it............

I was hoping a mailman would post... ty! I am starting to think my box idea is going to be my best route for the dog. But the outgoing mail issue needs solved for sure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)