AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hauled heifers to wheat and bulls.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

2hcattle
Posted 12/20/2012 07:28 (#2763272 - in reply to #2762750)
Subject: Thanks!

Southwest OK
IL cow man, and Ben, you are welcome to borrow it, just fly down and drive it back. Everyone else in the area borrows it, no reason to exclude y'all. The cull heifers are explained fully in an earlier post, basically the good ones in the cull sort were to young to breed, the colored and plain heifers will be sold. I'll take them to 750 or so then haul the to a sale barn. Not many cattle finished around here. No processors and feed is HIGH with limited corn grown in the area.
tc806, not sure I would call it top of the line equipment, the truck is 30 years old, with waaaayyy over a million miles. A good friend of mine pulled it out of a fence row and got it running. It sure beats a pickup though. The trailer will turn eleven next month, I have to replace the floor in the back deck. The rubber floor has worn so thin where cattle come down the ramp that I am afraid to haul anything on it till it is replaced. Still a solid trailer and am glad to have it though.
Feelnrite, don't you know only an idiot would feed tubs? :-). I was told that by a guy nearly a thousand miles away who has only seen pictures of my operation so he must be right!!!
The wheat does look good, was very fortunate with rain on those farms. Had just enough moisture to get the wheat up, and about five days after emergence we got almost two inches in an hour. Last week got another half inch. It didn't rain everywhere, but the five mile strip where it did rain was a blessing.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)