AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salt on Wisconsin roads???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 12/19/2012 14:01 (#2761745 - in reply to #2761085)
Subject: Re: Salt on Wisconsin roads???

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
Wi, uses plenty of salt... They also mix it in with their sand piles but in our county if they think there will be an ice problem coming or slippery bridges because of frost coming through(and sharp corners) they drive over the road in that area the day before and run liquid chloride in those areas.. The streams come out about 6 inches apart the width of the dump truck.... Also we can tell the difference with ease from county to county who does a good job... Crawford county seems to do a real good job and Vernon has gotten better over the years but Richland county has been terrible for years.... I believe allot of this is the method they use and abide by before, during and after a storm.. When hitting the Richland county line hwy 14 is usually a mess for days after a snow storm just because they follow different procedure I'm sure of it.. I'm betting they use the same or more amount of salt and sand but why the hyw commissioner doesn't ask Vernon county and the county on the other side how they do things is beyond me...
I don't look for many plows out after the snow starts tonight until it's over or just about over as it won't do them any good and people should be smart enough to have stocked up on emergency supplies...(Of course we'll always have a few that feel the need to take a drive in these circumstances just to get a movie or a candy bar) :)
steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)